Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto:  Message ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page: Previous12345All
Current Page: 5 of 5
Re: Discussion Thread for the stories of CAS - Vintage from Atlantis
Posted by: Hespire (IP Logged)
Date: 16 September, 2020 01:39AM
I agree. Now that you mention it, this story is excellent material for a short film. I'm a little surprised it hasn't been done before, especially learning that "Mother of Toads" became a film. All you need is a shore, some pirate costumes, the amphora, and some genius effects and artful taste to make that vision of Atlantis.

Ah, there's that subject of adapting CAS' stories into film again! I think the 40s/50s would have captured his sensibilities better than most films today. CAS' most interesting characters can only be played by personalities that are theatrical and larger than life, which I think films are lacking these days. And the limitations of special effects might have forced a greater emphasis on atmosphere.

Anyway, this was already what I considered a good story, but discussing it with you guys has suddenly made it a deep favorite of mine! I'm glad this thread brings new perspectives to the table.

Re: Discussion Thread for the stories of CAS - Vintage from Atlantis
Posted by: Cathbad (IP Logged)
Date: 16 September, 2020 04:33AM
Funnily enough, I was thinking the exact thing while reading it - how it would work as a film. I was imagining something along the lines of a Roger Corman movie. Maybe because CAS is a visual writer and film is a visual medium? One thing that would get lost in transition would be CAS's prose.

Goto Page: Previous12345All
Current Page: 5 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Top of Page