Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto:  Message ListNew TopicSearchLog In
CAS Project by Darin Coelho
Posted by: wilum pugmire (IP Logged)
Date: 24 June, 2015 02:06PM
I've spent some few hours with Darin Coelho, from California, who filmed an interview with me regarding Clark Ashton Smith for a film project he is working on. Darin and I did a wee video on my YouTube channel, where he briefly discusses the project. He is interested in photographing any of Smith's sculptures that may be in private hands. He is interviewing S. T. to-morrow and is looking forward to spending time recording Scott Connors. He has already filmed quite a lot of material with Donald Sydney-Fryer. To contact Darin and offer help, especially if ye have any wee Smith sculptures that he could photograph, his email is
darincoelho@gmail.com

"I'm a little girl."
--H. P. Lovecraft, Esq.

Re: CAS Project by Darin Coelho
Posted by: casofile (IP Logged)
Date: 28 June, 2015 11:50AM
I wish Darin the best of luck with his documentary. Darin has visited me at my home and filmed some CAS artwork (paintings and sculptures) I've also taken Darin and Donald Sidney-Fryer on a tour of the CAS-related sites in and around Auburn and also to Crater Ridge, where we discussed "The City of the Singing Flame" and Smith's emergence into the pulp market. We've also planned a trip to Pacific Grove to film the house where Smith and Carol lived during the final years of his life.

I'm glad that Wilum has had a chance to meet Darin (who is a great guy) but wish that he could learn to spell Donald Sidney-Fryer's name . . . It's his name, Wilum, not yours; and you should have the respect to spell it correctly.
-Ron

Posted by: Fiendlover (IP Logged)
Date: 4 August, 2015 03:13PM
This documentary sounds awesome! I can't wait to see it when it's finished.

Posted by: K.A. Opperman (IP Logged)
Date: 5 August, 2015 11:02PM
Mr. Coelho has invited me to do a short interview on CAS' poetry for the documentary. I do hope the opportunity will arise. If you happen to see this, Darin, know that I am quite interested in your project.

Posted by: Fiendlover (IP Logged)
Date: 3 September, 2015 11:47PM
Here is my blog post discussing the interview we had with Darin yesterday. We had a blast discussing all things CAS, especially topics involving poetry.

[url=http://fiendlover.blogspot.com/2015/09/clark-ashton-smith-documentary-interview.html]

Posted by: K.A. Opperman (IP Logged)
Date: 3 May, 2016 08:46PM
Ah yes, I see the film was mentioned before--apologies! Please consider supporting this project!!!

[www.indiegogo.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Top of Page